Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Learn how to turn off and on (restart) and reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
How to restart
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
How to reset
- You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.
- To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Get more help
You can also learn what to do if your device still doesn't respond or doesn't turn on or contact the Sacramento Country Day School Technology Department