You can use AirPlay across any apps and content that allow AirPlay. AirPlay will stay on until you turn it off, so you can keep using it across various apps. Here's how to start using AirPlay.
- Connect your iOS device and Apple TV or AirPort Express to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
- Tap AirPlay.
- See what to do if you don't see the AirPlay icon.
- Tap the name of the device you want to AirPlay to. The icons of a TV screen or speaker next to each AirPlay device show the type of media content you can stream to that device. See what to do if you don't see your device in the list.
- For videos and photos, choose Apple TV.
- For music, choose Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled receiver or speakers.
Now the content in Photos, Videos, or the Safari app, will stream to your Apple TV. Audio in the Music or Safari app will stream to your AirPlay-enabled device.